Last update date: August 21, 2020
1. Provide logistics and distribution services
In order to ensure that the goods and/or services you purchase can be delivered smoothly, safely and accurately, we will disclose order-related distribution information to the logistics information system and technical services that provide the MOTODIOS platform, and it will be based on the goods and/or service providers’ Designate to synchronize relevant distribution information to the corresponding logistics distribution body. You know and agree that the corresponding logistics distribution entity will inevitably know and use your distribution information for the purpose of delivery.
In order for us to learn and confirm the delivery progress and status in time, and provide you with after-sales and dispute resolution services, you agree that we can collect and deliver progress-related information from logistics-related service entities.
Customer service and dispute handling
When you contact us or submit an application for after-sales and after-sales, dispute settlement, in order to protect your account and system security, we need you to provide the necessary personal information to verify your membership.
In order to facilitate contact with you and help you solve the problem as soon as possible or record the handling plan and results of related problems, we may save your communication/call records with us and related content (including account information, order information, and you provide to prove relevant facts) Other information, or the contact information you left), if you consult, complain or provide suggestions for a specific order, we will use your account information and order information.
In order to provide services and improve service quality for reasonable needs, we may also use other information about you, including relevant information you provide when you contact customer service, and questionnaire response information sent to us when you participate in a questionnaire survey.
Provide you with security
To improve the security of your use of the services provided by us, our affiliates and partners, and protect you or others
2. How do we protect your information
(1) We have adopted reasonable and feasible safety protection measures that comply with industry standards to protect your information and prevent unauthorized access, public disclosure, use, modification, damage or loss of personal information. For example, the data exchange between your browser and the server is protected by SSL protocol encryption; we also provide HTTPS protocol for secure browsing of MOTODIOS website; we will use encryption technology to improve the security of personal information; we will use trusted The protection mechanism prevents malicious attacks on personal information; we will deploy an access control mechanism to ensure that only authorized personnel can access personal information; and we will organize security and privacy protection training courses to strengthen employees’ awareness of the importance of protecting personal information.
We have designated a person to be responsible for the protection of children's personal information, strictly set information access permissions, adopt the principle of minimum sufficient authorization for staff who may be exposed to children's personal information, and take technical measures to record the staff's handling of children's personal information And control to avoid illegal copying and downloading of children’s personal information.
(2) We have an industry-leading data security management system with data as the core and around the data life cycle, which improves the security of the entire system in multiple dimensions from organizational construction, system design, personnel management, and product technology.
For major changes, we will also provide more noticeable notifications (including we will notify you through MOTODIOS publicity and even provide you with pop-up prompts).
The major changes referred to in this policy include but are not limited to:
1. Our service model has undergone major changes. Such as the purpose of processing personal information, the type of personal information processed, the way of using personal information, etc.;
2. Significant changes have taken place in our control rights. Such as changes in the information controller caused by mergers and acquisitions, etc.;
3. The main objects of personal information sharing, transfer or public disclosure have changed;
4. Your right to participate in the processing of personal information and how to exercise it has undergone major changes;
5. The department responsible for handling personal information security, contact methods and complaint channels have changed;
6. The personal information security impact assessment report shows that there is a high risk.